I must admit, pink has never been a colour I’d ever been attracted to. I guess because my style is a bit edgier, I’d never thought of introducing the colour into my everyday aesthetic, however as I’m always keen to take on a CHALLONJ when it comes to style, I thought I would give it a go! The colour of the moment seems to be what is known as ‘Millennial Pink‘ or according to the Pantone colour chart, ‘Rose Quartz’.
We’ve seen it everywhere over the past 18 months, from the catwalks to Instagram theme aesthetics and I can see why it’s such a popular colour. It’s incredibly easy on the eye and is a wonderful substitute for a monotone outfit.
Here we have the absolutely stunning Embellished Chiffon Tunic from my faves at Navabi. It’s an absolutely gorgeous peach shade that fits true to size and has a slight 60’s babydoll-cut flair to it. For Summer, we’re rocking these bare legged, however it can also be worn with some sheer or black tights come Winter.
I paired the dress with this beautiful duster jacket from Boohoo Plus (note: I would downsize as it is a tad oversized) and these wide fit pom pom shoes from ASOS that have been on my wishlist for WEEKS.
Top tips for rocking the Millennial Pink Trend:
- Multi-layer with different shades of pink to create depth to your outfit.
- For spring occasionwear, you can’t beat a good burst of salmon pink to break up an all-white outfit – be it a pair of pink shades, or a pink handbag.
- For summer, try rocking an all white jumpsuit or playsuit with a baby pink duster jacket and some statement shoes to pack a real punch.
- Pair millennial pinks with beige come fall for the perfect transitional trend.
- If you’re not ready for head-to-toe pink, you can incorporate the colour via floral patterns, gingham and polka dot designs.