I’ve been meaning to do this post for the longest time after having a few questions posed my way regarding my skincare regimen. I’ve been very lucky as I’ve never had spots of any kind; the only flaws I have regarding my skin is hyperpigmentation around my eyes and mouth, as well as a few blemishes here and there, depending on the weather.
Anyhoo, I thought I’d compose some of my favourite tips that I use daily in order to maintain clear skin! If you were lucky enough to be blessed with good genes, amazing! But maintenance is always key!
1) Identify your skin type. Different skin types need different types of care. It’s very important to know what type of care you need in order to pick the best methods for clearing your skin.
- Dry Skin: Dry skin usually has a dull appearance, feels dry and itchy and is sometimes sensitive. Dry skin needs to be hydrated from the inside (water) and outside (water mists), as well as rich, hydrating oils and lotions.
- Oily Skin: Oily skin usually looks slippery and and shiny and sometimes has a greasy texture. This sort of skin is typically prone to acne and benefits mostly from herbal steam treatments and clay masks.
- Normal Skin: Not too oily and not too dry. Normal skin looks consistently plump, moist and vibrant and benefits from toning, cleansing and moisturising.
- Combination Skin: Normally a mixture of at least two of the above.
- Oatmeal soothes dry, irritated skin
- Cucumber, avocado, yogurt and honey moisturise skin
- Aloe Vera, also a moisturiser, helps protect skin from the sun’s UV radiation.
- Jojoba, a moisturiser is an antioxidant.
- Tea tree helps treat acne and oily skin
- Kaolin and clay helps cleanse pores in oily skin
- Sugar, salt and honey are exfoliants
- Soy is a rejuvenator.